Sunday, April 27, 2008
I was sitting here in our home office, listening to the rain fall outside. It suddenly hit me just how blessed and happy I truly am! I'm sure, those of you who actually read any of my blogs must think I'm a broken record. But I just can't say it enough, I'm so blessed.
Rainy days always seem to cause me to stop and reflect on my life. They make me want to start a fire in the fireplace, curl up with a good book and some hot cocoa, and get lost in the story that I'm reading, or the story that is my life! Today, I'm caught up in the story that is my life.
It's hard to believe that a mere 5 years ago, I was a single mom so financially strapped that I had to live with my parents! Now, I'm living in a house I used to only dream about, I stay home with my four beautiful children, ALL of my needs are met, MOST of my wants are fulfilled, and to top it all off, I have a husband who absolutely LOVES me!
I don't know, maybe it's because I have so many friends right now who are struggling with health, financial, and/or marital issues. Maybe all their difficulties are causing me to be more thankful for my blessings. On those days when I get frustrated with my children or my husband, I far more quickly stop myself and realize that my frustrations are unwarranted and it's just me being selfish or petty. And then I realize, that most of the time, in life, our frustrations are just that, SELFISH and PETTY!
If we could all just take a moment to reflect on the things we have, instead of what we don't have, what a change in our world we could make!!
Now, I know my life isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn close. Actually, there's really only one thing that isn't ideal, but even that situation is bearable and working smoothly these days (won't elaborate...).
"God truly does give His very best to those who allow Him to make the choice." No truer words have ever been spoken. When I finally let go and let God, my life turned, dramatically.
Maybe, my hormones have finally leveled out after having had all my babies, maybe because I'm about to enter the world of the 40-somethin's I'm mellowing out, or maybe I just finally get it. Whatever it is, I'm just so purely happy and content with my life. I wish all my friends and family could experience this same kind of happiness and fulfillment.
Well, now I'm about to start rambling....so I'll stop! My prayer for all, is that God shows you His love, power, and grace in such a rich and generous way, today and always. Remember, to count your haves, and let God worry about your have-nots. His shoulders are so much bigger and better equipped to carry your heavy burdens, than yours.God's richest blessings on you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment